To identify issues for reform in the Nigeria Police Force; To Provide opportunity for civil society input in the Police Reform process; To strategize on Police-community relation; To review efforts, prospects and problems encountered by NGOS on safety/security; and, To create a platform for civil society involvement in safety and security issues in Nigeria.
The work of NOPRIN focuses on six (6) thematic areas namely:
- 1. Police-community Relations
- 2. Police legislations and Standing rules.
- 3. Gender issues in Policing.
- 4. Human Resource, Training and Development.
- 5. Police Operations, Logistics and Accountability and
- 6. Police Welfare and Conditions of service.